I’m Sorry, Jodi Can’t Come To The Blog Right Now

by Jodifur on February 17, 2013

I’m too busy switching between my iphone, my ipad, and the computer playing Candy Crush, tweeting about how much I hate Candy Crush, and discussing how hard stupid Candy Crush is on Facebook.  Also, googling things like “way to pass Candy Crush level 35″ and “tips and trick Candy Crush level 35.”

Dear everyone who posts Candy Crush videos on YouTube: 1.  I hate you because you beat level 35.  2.  That doesn’t actually help because your level 35 looks different than my level 35.  I want an actual WALK THROUGH.  Go here, do this, swap this candy with this candy and you will win.  Or at least get to level 36 which I’m sure is equally as hard.

Who invented this stupid game?  It is basically supped up bejeweled with crazy rules and stupid boards and you have to connect on Facebook and we are ALL PLAYING IT AND NONE OF US CAN STOP.  I think it is more addictive than crack.*

I hate you Candy Crush.  I can quit you any time.

*Disclosure: I have never actually been addicted to crack.  I have never even tried crack.

**This post was written during one of those stupid 20 minute intervals that I couldn’t play on ANY device.  I didn’t really have anything else to do.

***This is what happens when you spend an ENTIRE weekend playing Candy Crush.  Save yourselves.

Janna February 17, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I know! Why is everyone playing this and why can’t I stop? My whole family is obsessed! Excuse me i have to go play now…

Carabee February 17, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Reading this during the neverending 20 minute wait. I’m at level 33. It hates me.

A February 18, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Lol.

I’m reading this during one of those 20 minute breaks. From iPhone, iPod, iPad and computer.

It’s bad, this addiction.

(Level 79 is impossible. Just so you know what to look forward to.)

alimartell February 18, 2013 at 3:23 pm

samesies.

GAH. I cannot stop…

Hope February 18, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I have not been playing candy crush, but I have been eating too much candy. :p

Carrie February 18, 2013 at 6:30 pm

I’m also obsessed with Candy Crush. I am hoping some of my other friends will keep playing so I don’t run out of people to bug with my ticket unlocks. I think the only way to pass some levels is pure dumb luck by managing to get a sprinkle candy and striped candy together. I’ve also heard that if you get two sprinkle candies next to each other and swap them they clear the board. I have never had that elusive combination.

Colleen - @amadisonmom February 20, 2013 at 11:05 am

It’s true. 2 sprinkle candies combines zaps every candy on the board. :) It’s like nirvana.

Gee Gee March 5, 2013 at 9:11 am

So yea i am wayyyy too addicted to this game and its about to get me fired… I’m stuck on level 153! i have to get two sprinkles next to each other so i can swap them… THATS NOT EASY AT ALL!!!! I always get two but they are never next to each other and its not like you can just move them to where you wanna go!!!! and last night i had 5 of them on the board but no where next to each other… its like its teasing me!!!! ahhhhhhh who invented this stupid addictive game lol!

Fabs February 19, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I’m totally addicted to this game! Ahhhh, I hate it and love it at the same time, it is so wrong! However I’m at level 56, I can’t believe I’ve gotten that far without throwing my phone out the window or smashing it. I’ve also googled quite a bit abou how to beat level xx, never seems to help, I think it is all just luck!

Colleen - @amadisonmom February 20, 2013 at 11:03 am

Um… you can’t be as addicted as I am. I’m on level 126.

And Ana’s preschool teacher and I talk Candy Crush on a daily basis. :)

Chrisor (ynotkissme) February 20, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I’m not a game person but saw everyone on Twitter talking about it so I tried it. Gah! I’ve been stuck at Level 29 for DAYS. Then when I googled it, I saw someone say they’d been stuck at that level for 6 MONTHS. I am regretting getting myself into something so addictive. I also got hubby (who is a gamer) hooked on it. At least we know we’re not alone! ;-)

Amy B. February 20, 2013 at 5:29 pm

35 was bad but I finally got past it. But 65 is kicking my butt.

The Other Jodi February 21, 2013 at 8:12 am

Ha! I’ve been addicted to this stupid game way too long – I’m embarrassed to say what level I’m on.