My lovely friend Elena came up with this amazing idea: "And so an idea was born. The idea of making a list. A powerful list. A list with no self deprecating sarcasm. A list of love. This list, will be “Things I like About ME.”
I decided to give it a shot. I am my own worst critic. I swear, I am horribley hard on my self. Doug often leaves the room when I am trying to find something to wear, he can't deal with how many times I say "I look fat."
1. I like that I am a really good friend. I am the friend that you can call at 4 am. Even though you probably shouldn't because my phone is charging down stairs. That was a better anaolgy when I had a house phone.
2. I like that I am loyal to a fault. I am loyal even when I shouldn't be, when people don't deserve it.
3. I like that I am always on time. Even though it frequently means I am waiting for other people, to me it shows I respect people enough to be on time.
4. I like that I am well read. I love curling up with a good book.
5. I like that I am a good speller, and that my husband, who is not, asks me how to spell words.
6. I like that I am a good writer, and that I am finally confident enough to say it out loud.
7. I like that I am a good cook, and that I enjoy cooking.
8. I like that I am good at accessorizing. Not just shoes, but fun, costume jewlery as well.
9. I like that I can pair wine and food like nobody's business. It is fun when you go out to dinner and everyone hads you the wine list
10. I like that I have a crazy good memory. I remember things from years and years ago.
11. I like that I am good at keeping secrets. It means people can trust you.