It Is Official

by Jodifur on January 27, 2010

I have reached internet apple dorkdom and there is no turning back.

Do you know what I did at work today?  Watched the liveblog of the launch of the iPad.  (Is that not the worst name ever?)  And tweeted about it. With hashtags.  And gchatted my husband, who could care less, but indulged me.  And gchatted back with articles, that I then tweeted. To other people.  Who cared about this.

I must go play Dungeons and Dragons now or something.
Also, I really, really need a vacation.

I'm not even going to BlogHer and I can't even talk about it. Doug has a conference and someone has to watch the child and WAH. I want to go to BlogHer.  So much so that I want to throw myself on the ground and throw a temper tantrum.  And Sparklecorn '10 is going to be awesome.  And I'm not going.  WAH.

So the moral of this story is, I need a vacation. Bad. When the most exciting thing in your life is the launch of iPad, you need a vacation.

Adam P. Knave January 27, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Hahahah! One of us! ONE OF US!
And as far as feeling bad about BlogHer goes, remember, I’ll be in the SAME CITY as it is and I can’t go, and might not even make it to Sparklecorn.

Heather January 27, 2010 at 3:41 pm

I’ll join you in your not going to Blogher pity party. My husband mucked up our Maine vacay dates so I’ll be on the beach instead–just gave away my ticket. You should totally come up to ME. :)

Corey Feldman January 27, 2010 at 4:14 pm

It looks great. I do want one. I could see trading in my kindle for this, though I love the Kindle’s E-ink.
If they added a camera and multitasking it would be a great laptop replacement for short trips. But no camera means no video ichat with my family when on travel. I also like to have more than one app open at a time.

Kate January 27, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I couldn’t listen to the pod cast, so instead I sat on twitter, holding my breath for macrumors to hurry up and post. I’m not entirely sure why I need an iPad — but the reason is out there. IT HAS TO BE. I would be easier to say no to myself it was, say, the price of a freaking iMac (hello $2K+…) but now that $499 price tag seems like such a bargain! dang it. I need it, I want it, oh baby oh baby.

The Tutugirl January 27, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Sadly, this is the second time I’ve sat in front of my computer constantly updating liveblogs of Apple presentations. The worst part is, I was doing this in the middle of class today.
And I’ll join you in the not going to Blogher pity party. With no idea of what I’m going to be doing for summer employment, there’s no way I can plan ahead to be there. We’ll have our own little online conference instead!

Becky January 27, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Watch out… D&D can lead to gang behavior!

ioio January 27, 2010 at 5:07 pm

sparklecorn, blogher, ipad, ipod, iphone, apple, blog…you are so with it, jodi! xo

Marilyn January 27, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Forget Dungeons and Dragons – World of Warcraft is way better. :)
I feel so out of it. I’d never even heard of an iPad until I logged onto Twitter this morning.
It’s too bad you can’t go to Blogher. I think I might actually be able to make it this year.

Hope January 27, 2010 at 6:15 pm

One of us! One of us! ;)

Headless Mom January 27, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Whispering*Isn’t that what grandparents are for?* (Although I’m not sure I can make it to blogHer this year either.)

Doug January 28, 2010 at 8:15 am

Its too late to go play D&D and get geek cred for it. I believe that had to have been done some time in the past. Preferably far enough in the past that it can provide geek cred without ruining the whole effect by implying that one still plays.

Angela January 28, 2010 at 10:36 am

Ah, so my geek cred for D&D is totally secured then.
I’m with Headless Mom on the grandparents idea. :) I’ll be home with twin babies this year, but maybe, just maybe next year I’ll be a position to finally go!

Heather Strauss January 28, 2010 at 8:11 pm

That’s what Aunts are for. When’s Blogher. And what is Sparklecorn?

Issa January 28, 2010 at 9:58 pm

I might be laughing. Only because I still don’t have a dang iPhone. Oh and I doubt I’ll be going to BH. And it’s what like 7 months away and I wannnnntttttt toooo gooooooo.
Yeah, I’ll stop laughing now.

misguided mommy February 2, 2010 at 11:34 pm

hell yeah i was all over that…ad then i showed everyone i knew about the new toy that I MUST HAVE MUST MUST HAVE and they all laughed at me