Blogiversary! Contest!

by Jodifur on November 16, 2009

3 years!  3 years!  3 years of this nonsense.  Last year I asked you to pick your favorite post of this past year and I'm going to do the same thing this year.  Leave it in the comments and you will be entered to win a Starbucks gift card.  Come on, who doesn't need coffee this time of year?  Contest closes on Sunday and I'll tell you what some of my faves, not listed on my favorite post page are, on Monday when I announce the winner.

And come on, no cheating and going here.

And on a personal note I could not have survived this year without you all.  I know it is a cheesy thing to say, but this blog is like a life line for me.  Through everything, the good, the bad, the crises, you are all there.

Thanks.

SciFi Dad November 16, 2009 at 9:20 am

Congratulations on the blogiversary. My favourite post from the past year is Friday’s post. Those are some rockin’ boots.

cagey November 16, 2009 at 9:33 am

Congratulations! My favorite post is your Blair Witch Project, videotaping your house.

NS November 16, 2009 at 10:37 am

My favorite post is Introducing-googley-superhero-dude.

Janna November 16, 2009 at 10:40 am

Congrats on the Blogiversary! My Favorite, and yes I did cheat is “The Hardest Part is Over”.

Rachel November 16, 2009 at 11:47 am

Congrats on your 3rd blogiversary. My favorite post(s) were about your Disney cruise. I went on one when I was little and had the best time. So specifically “Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate’s Life For Me”.

Diane November 16, 2009 at 12:35 pm

I love this post: http://jodifur.com/2009/03/in-sickness-and-in-health.html
(I did have to go digging in the archives to find it, but it’s the one I had in mind.)
Your love for your husband just sings in that post.
Congrats on 3 years!

Kat November 19, 2009 at 8:38 am

This is one that sticks out in my brain as one of my “better” posts.
I don’t know if I can use the gift card in the UK if I win, but I will pass it on to someone if I can’t.
Congratulations on making it to 3 years! That is amazing. Keep it up.

Kat November 19, 2009 at 8:40 am

I totally misunderstood the rules, cause I am a lame-o like that. Man, I am gonna have to do some digging through the archives now. Oh and feel free to point and laugh at me.

Kat November 19, 2009 at 8:55 am

Ok, done pointing and laughing now? K, good. *ahem* My favorite Jodi post is this one:
Cause I totally relate to the moving and the fact that often kids don’t understand the reasons we move house. I just recently went through this with my two girls, but they weren’t nearly as funny about it as Michael.

Jessi November 19, 2009 at 9:42 am

Happy Blogiversary! I wonder if Hallmark makes a card. Or at least an E-Card. Anyway, my favorite post is “Okay, So Camping Is Not That Bad.”
I hate camping and I try never to do it, but when I do I always have fun. Stupid camping.

mouthy_broad November 19, 2009 at 10:12 am

alright lady, i am terrible at picking out a favorite anything or having a top 5 list or any of that. can’t do it. (this is why i never comment at mamapop about such things either!)
how about the one where you share the backyard of your new house and say that you bought it for michael. and he loves it. that is good stuff.

Laura November 19, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Is there even a contest? The “Okay, So Camping Is Not That Bad” has to be the best Jodifur post EVER. ;)

rebecca November 20, 2009 at 2:36 am

I have to say, I have only been reading for two years, and am sometimes irrationally sad to have missed the first year. even though i have read the archives.
And my favourite of yours and, maybe of any blog, is “Maybe, Someday”. Not only did it touch a chord, it reminds me of the strong, determined Jodifur we love.

Emma November 20, 2009 at 8:00 am

My favourite posts like this: http://jodifur.com/2009/07/the-dream-revisited.html have to do with your happiness at finding the right home for you guys. You’ve had quite a year!

Lauren November 20, 2009 at 10:16 am

My faves all center around your move. Not because it was such a fun time (ha!), but because I could totally relate to everything since we just moved too. How much fun is it to pack up your entire house, right? Canceling and reconnecting all the utilities. Moving back in with the parents. And, ultimately, doing everything possible to make sure your kid has a fantastic house to grow up in. I know, I didn’t actually name any specific posts, LOL.

Angela November 20, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Just one favorite? How about two?
Firstly, ALL your disney posts, cause that trip was AWESOME! We so want to do that with Nicky! (and if we can’t before the twins, then we’ll just have to take all three!) But my favorite out of that sequence is actually a pre-trip one: http://jodifur.com/2009/02/a-new-way-to-tell-time.html cause that was genius!
And a more recent favorite was this one http://jodifur.com/2009/09/home.html where you finally were moved in to your new house and reading about your bliss as you finally felt at home was just wonderful! I also liked the blair witch-esque video of your new place lol, and I’m still so impressed that you even had pictures hanging up already! We’ve been in our place since 2007 and still haven’t painted the walls!

Sara R. November 22, 2009 at 12:59 pm

My favorite post is The Dream, Revisited on 7/21/09 because your nightmarish real estate experience had finally ended happily!
BUT, I also really liked I Just Proved To My Kid How Uncool I Am on 9/30/09 though, because we also moved recently and have been tortured by crickets in the basement and I SO knew where you were coming from!

melanie November 22, 2009 at 2:15 pm

i like “back asswards” just because that is one of my favorite phrases to say to myself (i don’t often dare to speak it out loud–too many little ears around) but i love to think and loved your post about it…

Mel November 22, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Happy blogoversary (and it was so good to see you this weekend). Okay, my favourite post was this one: http://jodifur.com/2009/07/the-hardest-part-is-over-.html. Mostly because I love the part where he tells you his secret, but also, the reminder that there is light at the end of the tunnel.