Oh Right, BlogHer

by Jodifur on July 22, 2009

I've been so wrapped up in house stuff, I've completely neglected BlogHer, which I leave for, tomorrow!  Tomorrow!  If I would have known what would happen since I decided to go, I probably wouldn't be going, but I am.

So, my obligatory, getting to know me, pre-BlogHer post.

1.  I hate, hate, hate to fly.  Just thinking about it makes me nauseous.  I'm convinced I'm going to die in a plane crash.  Luckily I'm flying with Amy and baby Ezra, and they are not going to die, so I'm good.

2.  I am a big, huge, colossal, dork.  So please say hi to me.  I can't imagine ANYONE would be intimated by me.  But it if you are, don't be.  HUGE DORK.

3.  I purposely didn't get a roommate and now I am totally regretting that decision.  What if everyone forgets about me and no one tells me what parties they are going to and I'm sititng in my hotel room alone?  (See dorkiness, above.)

4.  I hate pictures and protest being in them.  I also forget my camera all the time and forget to take pictures.  I have no idea how I am a blogger.

5.  Please do not expect cute shoes.  Even with Shoe Friday and all.  All of my cute shoes are in the POD.  No, not good planning.

6.  My answer to "what do you want to drink?" will always be red wine if it is GOOD RED WINE.  Otherwise, an extra spicy bloody mary.  After that, water.  I gave up diet coke and it was the hardest thing I ever did.

7.  Do not ask me about moving unless you never want me to stop talking.  Oh, I talk WAY TOO MUCH.  Especially when I'm nervous.  Or drunk.  Which will be the whole weekend.  (Hi mom.)

8.  If you tell me your name and I say, "what's your twitter name or your blog name" that does not mean I don't know who you are.  I know no one's real name.  But I guarantee if I read you, or if you comment here, or if I follow you on twitter, I know your internet name.

9.  I will forget your real name 5 seconds later.

10.  There will be two places I will definitely be.  The party of the century:

And the mamapop panel, with Catherine and Amy and Tracey — along with the MamaPop writers: "Women Writing In The Age Of Britney: Pop Culture & Gossip & Feministy Stuff, Oh My."  It's going to be awesome.

11.  Let's all just be nice.  Please.  As my friend Amy likes to say, we are all just dorks with blogs.  (See above.)

BLOGHER…..WEEEEEEEEEE!

Magpie July 22, 2009 at 8:36 am

Dorks with blogs unite!

The Tutugirl July 22, 2009 at 9:28 am

I will definitely be saying hi!

Loukia July 22, 2009 at 10:15 am

Have so much fun! I can’t believe how many of you are going! I’m so jealous! I can’t wait to read all about it when you get back!

Sandy July 22, 2009 at 10:21 am

I am not going this year, but we have a LOT in common. Can’t wait to meet you next year!

aimee July 22, 2009 at 10:36 am

Have fun!!! I think the solo room was a good call, it will make it feel like a real vacation. Though, I’d have the same exact fears and would, right now, be picturing myself bored and alone in the hotel room ALL weekend. (Possibly a factor in why I’m not going?!!) Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen Ambrose July 22, 2009 at 11:48 am

I’m not going, because, you know…MOVING. It hath consumed my life! Which is a shame, because I think we would have some glorious discussions about bubble wrap and packing tape.
I’m also ridiculously proud of this color coded label system that I’ve developed this move? And no one but me cares about this or thinks that it is nearly as cool as I do.

Miss Grace July 22, 2009 at 12:02 pm

I really really wanna say hi and squeeze you and stuff and OH HAI you are one of my heroes, but you are emblazoned in my mind as your twitter avatar of shoes, so you’ll find me if you see me right?
Also, expect drunk-dialing.

Pocklock July 22, 2009 at 1:01 pm

I’m actually WORRIED about the lack of Diet Coke that will be available since Pepsi is a sponsor of both BlogHer and is the official drink of Sheraton.
So you know what? Extra-spicy Bloody Mary’s it is. I’ll see you at the bar.

Mrs. Wilson July 22, 2009 at 7:45 pm

I wish I was going so I could meet you!
I’m a huge dork too. The more I learn about BlogHer, the more I want to go. But, fundage just wasn’t happening this year.
My drink of choice is also red wine.

Missy July 23, 2009 at 12:51 am

Have an awesome time! Have a drink for me.

Liz@thisfullhouse July 23, 2009 at 8:54 am

I hate flying, too. Waiting for SIL to drive me to airport is making my stomach hurt, already. Aaaaand, I’m all outta Dramamine. Safe travels to you.

Maura July 23, 2009 at 9:22 am