I Always Make Decisions At The Last Possible Moment

by Jodifur on March 2, 2009

I waited so long to decide what law school I was going to, my father had to messanger the check over to the law school I ended up choosing.  It’s good that it ended up being in DC because otherwise what would we have done?

I’ve spent the entire month on twitter saying, “should I go to BlogHer, should I not go to BlogHer?” and Saturday, with like 4 hours left in early bird pricing, I registered.  Had I known they were going to extend the pricing into Sunday, I probably would have waited longer.

BH09-going

I’m trying not to vomit.  Promise someone will talk to me and I won’t be the dorky girl eating lunch by herself.  And people, this involves an airplane, I’m not such a fan of the flying.

So here’s the deal.  I will finally, finally, lose the 10 pounds I have been trying to lose since the dawn of time for BlogHer.  I’m joining the shredheads and we are going to shred our way to thinness before BlogHer.  I mean it this time.  I’m going to mix in the shred workout with my 3-4 times a week gym workout and keep following weight watchers online.  And I’ll post a picture.  Just as soon as I can find my camera.

BlogHer, will I see you there?

Sheri March 2, 2009 at 8:16 am

I’m gonna be the idiot in the corner….the one who knows nothing. Seriously, I used to work near the hotel where BlogHer is being held. I’ll probably go to the cocktail party and that’s it, because really….like one person including me reads my blog.

Damselfly March 2, 2009 at 8:23 am

How exciting! I’m sure you’ll be a hit.

tutugirl1345 March 2, 2009 at 8:27 am

We can be the dorky girls eating lunch in the corner together. I’m nervous too!
I also hate flying. I always convince my doc to give me Xanex to help with the anxiety. Perhaps this might work for you too?

Janna March 2, 2009 at 8:36 am

I haven’t decided yet…. it’s a lot of money, and totally out of my comfort zone! I promise to talk to you if I go though!

Emma March 2, 2009 at 8:48 am

I took the leap and registered and will be a dork in the corner. Perhaps we can start a support group…

Mama Bub March 2, 2009 at 10:15 am

I might be going so you better make room at that table for me!

De in D.C. March 2, 2009 at 11:15 am

You won’t be eating by yourself, because I’ll be clinging to you like gum on a shoe as one of the handful of people that I’ll know. Consider yourself warned.

Elaine at Lipstickdaily March 2, 2009 at 12:45 pm

There are so many advantages to procrastiation . . . a surprising number of things just vanish if you wait long enough! But having moved to a company where decisions are planned 5 years in advance, I’ve been forced into a more planning frame mind. Definitely saves a lot of heartache.

amber of TheAmberShow March 2, 2009 at 12:45 pm

I’ll say hello to you! It’ll be my first time, and I don’t know anyone. I’m not the best airplane passenger in the world, and I’m not taking my husband.

Christina March 2, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Of course you’ll have someone to talk to! Come right on up and sit with me.
And good luck on the shred. I’m doing it part-time, too. I’ll have the Hot by BlogHer site up and running soon, too.

citystreams March 2, 2009 at 1:47 pm

I’m coming and cannot wait to meet YOU! It’s going to be a blast. ❀

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah March 2, 2009 at 5:38 pm

BlogHer is totally not scary and EVERYONE will talk to you.

Amy @ Taste Like Crazy March 2, 2009 at 5:41 pm

If I can get the funds together then we shall eat [in moderation], drink, and be merry together. :)

Peggy March 2, 2009 at 6:16 pm

Good luck with your shredding…I am waiting for my dvd to arrive and I will be amongst the tortured.
I am not going to BlogHer per say but I live in Chicago (sort of) so maybe I will be able to meet up with a few of you for a night on the town!

Poppy Buxom March 2, 2009 at 7:08 pm

I just signed up for the shred. I’ve decided that anyone who met me at BlissDom shouldn’t be able to recognize me in July.
And you will NOT be “the” dorky girl. We’re ALL dorky girls, mkay? We’re bloggers.

FishyGirl March 2, 2009 at 8:59 pm

1. You’ll have a fantastic time. Seriously. If I manage to make it, we can be dorky together, but it won’t be necessary. It’s a blast.
2. Two years ago when they were in Chicago before, I took the train. Really doesn’t take that much longer and you can sleep. Train leaves at 4 pm, you wake up next day in Chicago by 9 am or so if the train is on time. It was great. I don’t fly. At all.

Jodi - Mom's Favorite Stuff March 3, 2009 at 9:44 am

You’ll see me there! And, I’m a #shredhead also, so I’ll be all totally shredded by July!

mothergoosemouse March 4, 2009 at 8:48 pm

Jodi, it will be a great time – both shredding and BlogHer!

kim/hormone-colored days March 4, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Yay! I’ll see you there. You will not be alone for lunch—unless you want to because you are so overstimulated from the nonstop conversations.

Missy March 16, 2009 at 9:26 am

Dude, you are going to have SO MUCH FUN. I promise. And sadly I will not be there to say I told you so, so you will just have to have fun for the both of us, deal? Deal.